Dairy farming is one of the most challenging and complex industries in India. And with the increasing demand for dairy products, farmers need to adopt better techniques and technologies to increase their productivity. Dairy farming is not just about feeding cows, milking them, and selling milk but is more than that. To help you gain insights on how different things work and how to run a dairy business profitably, the following are the top three dairy farming training courses in India:
1. Online courses by Teplu. in
Teplu is a leading startup company in the dairy farming space, backed by the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI). The startup provides an online learning platform for dairy farmers to help them increase their profits.
Their courses are designed to provide solutions to farmers’ problems. They first identify the problems faced by farmers and the curriculum is decided after verifying the effectiveness of the designed solutions on farms.
Salient features of the courses:
- The courses are self-paced and cover a wide range of topics from the selection of dairy animals, to disease prevention, scientific management of the farm, and a lot more.
- Courses are offered in three languages – English, Hindi, and Marathi.
- Courses are video-based and can be accessed through a computer or smartphone.
- They also provide interactive sessions for learners to clear their doubts and ask questions from experts in the dairy industry.
You can check their courses here.
2. Courses on Rocket Skills Edu-tech platform
Rocket Skills is an online learning platform providing courses to aspiring farmers and agripreneurs. The courses are designed for those who want to start their businesses with a small investment. Apart from providing courses on dairy farming, the platform also provides courses that expand to a variety of other categories. The categories include vermicompost, agriculture, aquaculture, and poultry farming, etc.
Salient Features of the courses:
- The platform has courses in two languages – English and Hindi.
- The courses are conducted by different field experts on live video sessions to hold one on one interaction and periodic discussions.
- You can also access their recorded and live webinars on related topics to add up your course knowledge.
You can check their courses here.
3. On-site training courses offered by dairy farms
There are also a few dairy farms that provide on-site training to aspiring dairy farmers who want to start their dairy business. The programs provide hands-on training to the learners and give them the opportunity to gain first-hand experience on how a dairy farm works.
Farms providing on-site training to aspiring dairy farmers/ entrepreneurs:
- Mukhi Dairy Farm – The state-of-the-art dairy farm is based in Gujarat. They conduct a two-day training program every month for people who want to get involved in the dairy business. They cover topics like – cow selection, dairy business, and animal health management, etc.
You can find more information on the training courses provided by them here.
- Bharathi Dairy Farm – The farm is a family-owned and operated dairy farm based in Andhra Pradesh and engaged in the procurement, breeding, and supply of Murrah breed of buffaloes. The farm also provides a two-day training program wherein various topics are covered like – farm design, marketing, disease prevention, animal procurement, herd management, and a lot more.
To know more about their dairy course, you can click here.
Dairy farming in India is becoming increasingly popular. However, despite its popularity, not all farmers are familiar with the different dairy farming courses available to them. If you are a dairy farmer looking to learn more about the dairy farming business, these courses are for you. You can also visit different dairy farmers in your area to get a better insight. With different curriculums covering everything from herd selection to milking techniques, these courses are designed to help farmers learn the nooks and corners of a dairy farming business while maximizing their profits.
Want to learn dairy farming and set up your own profitable dairy farm?
Learn from our professional dairy farmers, step-by-step process from finance to management to supply chain to get your first 100 customers. Apply here and someone from our team will get in touch with you.